As the crisp autumn air rolls in and winter approaches, you may have noticed some unexpected changes in your hair. Perhaps it's feeling drier, frizzier, or more prone to static electricity. You're not alone; your hair's transformation during the colder months is a common occurrence. In this blog post, we'll explore why your hair changes with the seasons, and we'll provide valuable tips to help you combat the dreaded winter static. We'll also introduce you to some exceptional hair care products, including shampoo bars and hair oil, that can keep your locks looking their best all year round.
Why Does Your Hair Change with the Seasons?
- Humidity Levels: One of the primary reasons your hair changes with the seasons is the humidity level in the air. During the autumn and winter, the air tends to be drier, which can lead to dry, frizzy hair. The lack of moisture in the air can cause hair strands to lose their natural moisture, leading to unruly locks.
- Temperature Fluctuations: Extreme temperature changes can affect your hair's health. Going from the cold outdoors to a heated indoor environment can lead to hair becoming more brittle and prone to breakage. Your hair cuticles open up in hot environments and contract in the cold, causing damage and frizz.
Dull, Dull, Dull:
During the winter season, hair tends to become dry, resulting in a loss of its natural shine and lustre. This dryness or damage to the cuticle layer impacts how light reflects off the hair.
Tips to Tame Winter Static and Maintain Healthy Hair
Now that you understand why your hair changes during the autumn and winter, let's delve into some tips to keep your locks looking beautiful even in the harshest weather:
Use the Right Shampoo Bar:
- For Dry Hair (No.1): If your hair becomes excessively dry and lacks moisture during the cold season, opt for a shampoo bar designed for dry hair. These bars are formulated to provide extra hydration and nourishment.
- For Normal but Could Be Healthier Hair (No.2): If you have relatively healthy hair but want to maintain its condition, a shampoo bar like No.2 will provide the necessary cleansing and care to keep your locks in top shape.
- For Fine Oily Hair (No.3): Fine, oily hair may still require proper cleaning, but without stripping away essential oils. No.3 is formulated to maintain the balance, leaving your hair looking fresh and bouncy.
- Consider using a hair oil like the "Hair Boost Hair Oil" containing a blend of 11 different oils. These oils, such as argan, jojoba, and moringa, nourish your hair and scalp, helping to combat dryness and maintain shine. Try an over night hair mask with your oil at least once a week.
Reduce Heat Styling:
- Minimize the use of heat styling tools during the colder months. Heat can further dry out your hair, leading to increased damage and frizz. Embrace your hair's natural texture and use heat protectants when necessary.
- Run a humidifier in your bedroom to add moisture to the air.
- Use an anti-static brush like one of our Bamboo combs or a small amount of hair oil on your hair to combat static.
- opt for natural fibres like cotton as synthetic materials can contribute to static.